At Blackboard World 13, I taught a pre-conference workshop titled: How to Engage Students by Gamifying your Blackboard Course.
A workshop participant who traveled all the way from Australia, later mentioned my work to someone at his university.
It just so happened that they had a upcoming conference on using gamification in learning.
Based on his recommendation, I was invited to present to the faculty at Charles Darwin University. My topic was about exploring innovative pedagogies using Blackboard to gamify online courses.
- Take a taxi from the airport, the shuttles can sometimes take 30 minutes to an hour. That’s time you will want back to enjoy Vegas.
- Leave room when packing your suitcase, plenty of shopping opportunities in Vegas. You will find good deals, and no sales tax.
- Wear comfortable shoes, there is a lot of walking involved to get from place to place.
- Reserve some time to enjoy your room, they are very nice.
- Restaurants can be very expensive. This doesn’t necessarily correlate with…
If you are like me, you may have large projects to complete. To complete complicated tasks we are taught to develop detailed plans with goals and objectives. These well meaning plans are often more intimidating than the project itself.
How can we keep ourselves from feeling frustrated, when the goal seems so out of reach?
Try living in the “here and now”.
You may be familiar with the concept of “here and now” as applied to normal life, but how do we…